Almost. It’s a big word for me. I feel it everywhere. Almost home. Almost happy. Almost changed. Almost, but not quite. Not yet. Soon, maybe."
- Joan Bauer (via rauchwolken)
PREHISTORIC SHARK: MEGALODON
Megalodon is an extinct species of shark that lived 1.5 million years ago and as you can probably tell from the above pictures it was HUGE, here are some few facts
- It’s teeth were over 7 inches long
- It’s bite can deliver from 10.2-18.6 tons of force, enough to crush a prehistoric whale’s skull like a grape
- It feasted on prehistoric whales, dolphins, squids, fish, and even giant turtles
- It’s fossils have been found all over the world
- No one knows why it went extinct
Don’t worry this shark isn’t still alive and swimming around in the ocean (lucky us) the documentary released by the Discovery Channel (Megalodon: The Giant Shark Lives) was fiction.
Anthropomorphism which is the recognition of human-like characteristics or form in animals, plants or non-living things. This tree, which can be found in the Outer Banks of North Carolina, has roots which have taken a human-like form.